How to add user in Ubuntu
- Their is an application called users and groups in ubuntu which have a really simple and easy to use interface.With this application you could add/delete/manage groups with relative ease.
- Goto system > administration > Users and Groups from your Ubuntu.
Add/delete/manage users using Command line in Ubuntu
- To add user simply Go to applications-->accessories-->terminal and type the follwing
sudo useradd -d /home/<username> -m <username>
The -d is for creating the Home directory for the user
- To Set the password for the new account use this;
sudo passwd <username>
- Or if you want to have ubuntu run you through a wizard like process that asks for every piece of information use this:
sudo adduser <username>