DragonFly 3.0.1, now with superior multiprocessor support!!!
DragonFly, the OS designed to be the logical continuation of the FreeBSD-4.x OS series has released its latest update. DragonFly is a fork in the path that provides the BSD base an opportunity to grow in a direction entirely different from that taken in the FreeBSD-5 series.
This release has a host of improvements. Chief among them are
- superior multiprocessor support over previous versions.
- Improved Speed
- vm_objects each under a private token
- Overall VM SMP scalability improved
- Time domain multiplexing method added to balance storage operation types over long time periods
- Upgraded ACPI + interrupt routing
- A new tool, tcplay(8), added to create and manage encrypted disk volumes
Learn more about Dragonfly 3.0.1