LibreOffice 3.5: “The Best Free Office Suite Ever” out...
The Document Foundation has released LibreOffice 3.5. It is the 3rd major release of “the best free office suite ever”, that depict the improvements due to the new development strategy to the end users. It attributes its success to the combined effort of full time hackers and volunteer hackers, supervised by the Engineering Steering Committee.
#3.5 has introduced the following new features:
- a novel inbuilt Grammar checker for English and several other languages
- better typographical features so you get professional looking documents
- an interactive word count window that gets updated in real time
2. Impress / Draw
- now possible to embed multimedia/colour palettes into ODF documents
- new display switch for the presenter’s console
- new line ends for improved diagrams
- now has support for over 10,000 sheets
- a new multi-line input area
- better performances while importing files from other office suites
- a new integrated PostgreSQL native driver
5. Online update checker
- to inform users when a new version of the suite is available.
Learn more about LibreOffice 3.5