Frugalware 1.6 out...
Frugalware,the general purpose linux distro has brought out its latest version Frugalware 1.6. It is their 16th stable release. It is primarily designed for intermediate users who are comfortable with text mode. Learn what Frugalware 1.6 has in store for you.
The new release is a bugfix release. The changes in Frugalware 1.6 include
- Updated packages like Linux kernel 3.1.10, XOrg server 1.11.2, GNOME 3.2, KDE SC 4.7, LibreOffice 188.8.131.52, Mozilla Firefox 10.0
- i686 and x86_64 ISOs are now hybrid which means there is no longer a need to build separate USB images for these arches
- cpupower can be used to configure CPU power management
- UEFI/EFI support removed from i686
- UUIDs now used by the installer while generating the /etc/fstab for new installs
- fw32 now more mature and usable
- i686 and x86_64 now with initrd
Read the Changelog for the complete list of changes.