Frugalware 1.6rc1 released
Frugalware Linux , the all purpose GNU/Linux distro for desktops has brought out version 1.6rc1. It is believed to be the technical preview of the stable 1.6 version which is in the pipeline. Specially designed for intermediate users of Linux, Frugalware uses design concepts similar to that of Slackware, including the Pacman package management utility from Arch Linux. So learn more about the latest release candidate .
The philosophy of Frugalware Linux is to make Frugalware as simple keeping in mind the comfort of the user and to keep it as fresh and stable that is as close to the original source as possible.Frugalware 1.6rc1 (Fermus) has been released with a couple of notable fixes and enhancements. These are updated from the Frugalware 1.6pre2 version.
Chief among them are :
• Fwlive is back after being absent for the past 6 releases
• Now Cinnamon Desktop is available as a package
• Updated to Linux kernel 3.1.8
• Now supports Firefox 9.0.1
• An impressive 383 updated packages
• Even more exciting 121 new packages
• Upgraded to systemd 38
For the complete list of changes,see Frugalware 1.6rc1 Changelog