Smuxi 0.8.9 "One Giant Leap" ropes in automatic chat archiving
Smuxi 0.8.9 codenamed "One Giant Leap" is a cross-platform IRC client targeting professional users, for the GNOME desktop. It is based on the client-server model. A considerable number of bugs have been fixed making this release a milestone. Find out the highlights of this release.
One Giant leap brings in the following updates
- Now Smuxi can be obtained from development builds for Debian (Squeeze, Wheezy, Sid), Ubuntu (Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric, Precise) and Windows.
- Smuxi now has official support for Mac OS X.
- The most exciting feature in this release is that which solves one of the biggest drawbacks of IRC of not retaining any messages sent or received.With Smuxi 0.8.9 all chat history gets automatically written and read to a message database
- You can send and receive messages to/from friends from Jabber, gTalk or Facebooknow with the new XMPP engine of Smuxi
- This is the only release with a text frontend based on the STFL library.
- Smuxi now detects the network state and automatically reconnects when needed right away for you.
- You can now connect to IRC servers using the IPv6 protocol
- Find Group Chat Support is now improved
- Windows Experience is now improved
- Smuxi no longer has issues with multiple GTK+ installs on the same computer