Mutter 3.3.3 and Gnome Shell 3.3.3 released together
Mutter, the window and compositing manager of desktops has brought out its most recent release 3.3.3 . This is hand in hand with the Gnome Shell 3.3.3 release since Mutter predominantly caters to larger systems like Gnome. Both of the releases have major improvements and bugfixes to their name. Find out about the new releases..
Mutter is a window and compositing manager that displays and manages desktop via OpenGL. It combines a sophisticated display engine using the Clutter toolkit with solid window-management logic inherited from the Metacity window manager. Though Mutter can be used independently,it is primarily meant to be used as the display core of a larger system like GNOME Shell.
The new release has the following improvements over the previous release
- Keybindings for tiling to left or right have been added
- Support GTK+'s hide-titlebar-when-maximized hint
- _DBUS_APPLICATION_ID, _DBUS_UNIQUE_NAME, _DBUS_OBJECT_PATH properties have been loaded
- Changes to workspaces have been added-only-on-primary GSetting
- Some Miscellaneous bugs have been fixed
See the full list of changes.
GNOME Shell gives the core user interface functions for the GNOME 3 desktop. It integrates the capabilities of modern graphics hardware with innovative user interface concepts to provide a visually attractive and easy to use experience.
The new release includes the following fixes
- Fix typo that made uninstalling extensions not work
- Fix crash in browser plugin if shell is not run
- Reintroduce piscine paschal ovum
- Network menu bug fixes
See the full list of fixes.