What is new in Ubuntu 11.10 compared to Ubuntu 11.04?
Have you tried out Ubuntu 11.10 yet? Install it using our downloadable guide on How to install Ubuntu 11.10. Let us now compare the most prominent changes in appearance of the dash, launcher and various applications in Ubuntu 11.04 and Ubuntu 11.10.
Ubuntu 11.10 comes with various options in its dash. You can refine the search results, rate applications and even access the apps in the launcher while the dash is still up.
The Ubuntu icon has been moved down from the title/menu bar and placed on the launcher, there by pushing the close, minimize and maximize buttons of an application window to its left.
UBUNTU SOFTWARE CENTER
A stunning new look to the Ubuntu Software Center in Ubuntu 11.10. It is easy to download the top rated applications from any category as all the applications are sorted according to their ratings.
Gwibber is beautified with a simple and intuitive interface. Previous version of Ubuntu had gwibber with cluttered icons.
- Gnome 3.2 is the base for this version of Ubuntu.
- Adobe Flash Player 64 bit is made available for Ubuntu 64 bit users.
- Now, you can install 32 bit applications in 64 bit Ubuntu without any glitches.
- Deja dup backup tool is a new addition to the default application set.
- Mozilla Thunderbird is now the default mail client.
- LightDM is the new login manager. Improved installation speeds and an option to set up WIFI connections during installation.
Lets just say,I love programming and like my Linux box.Trying out new stuff everyday in Linux gave me great insight into computers.Computer researcher and a humble boy.You can follow me in twitter @msambenny