Install Amarok 2.2 Sunjammer in Ubuntu in 3 easy-to-do steps
Amarok 2.2 codenamed "sunjammer" is released. This all new release comes with a lot of improvements and bug fixes. Amarok 2.2, like they have quoted on their blog , is the next step towards the ultimate music player! Let's hope that they will stick on to their promises.
New and Refreshing!
- Amarok 2.2 comes with an almost completely new look and feel.
- Amarok 2.2 now has a new layout for the Browser Pane on the left and an easier navigation using "bread crumbs" on top.
- The Playlist has seen a complete overhaul and comes with many new features, allowing you to sort and shuffle the content.
- Do you have tracks with a lot of silence before a hidden song that you would like hear with a simple click? Bookmarks is their to help you out!
- A new photo applet shows you pictures of the artist.
- A new video applet finds contextual videos for the now playing artist.
- Entire list of features here. Now lets do the installation of all new Amarok 2.2 in Ubuntu.
Add GPG Key First
- Goto terminal and copy-paste the following.
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0F7992B0
Now Add the project-neon launchpad repo
- Now Goto System > Administration > Software Sources and select Third-Party Software tab and click ADD. And Simply Copy-Paste the following Repo.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/project-neon/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/project-neon/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
Now Install all new Amarok 2.2 in Ubuntu
- Goto terminal and type the following to install amarok 2.2.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install amarok-nightly
- Done! You have all new Amaok 2.2. Simply run amarok-nightly in terminal to start Amarok. OR goto Applications > Sound and Video > Amarok Nightly.